[Vobject] Reviving vobject maintainership

Erik Dykema dykema at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:20:04 CST 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Tobias Brox <t-caldav at tobixen.no> wrote:

> [Erik Dykema @ 2015-01-25 23:55]
> > Github is, at this time, far more popular than SourceForge or any other
> > hosting place I'm aware of.
>
> If popularity was the only relevant factor, we'd all be running our
> calendars
> on the Microsoft software stack, and there would be no need for any CalDAV
> standard :-)

Very true!

I had contemplated mentioning reasons that, in my view, Github is
quantitatively/qualitatively better than SF (e.g. SF's crapware installers,
obnoxious ads, dated user interface, etc.) but I figured that at least
*some* of those points potentially could be subjective.  For example, if
you're really used to SF's interface and already run a dozen projects on
there, you might prefer it to learning GH's interface.

So I decided instead to just mention the point I thought was more objective.