[Vobject] vobject and pytz

James Brown jbrown at yelp.com
Tue Mar 15 18:47:20 CDT 2011

We recently noticed the incompatibility between vobject and modern versions
of pytz. I know that the preferred solution in general has been to use
dateutil, but that's not really an option for us. I've attached a small (and
rather dumb) patch that I wrote on top of vobject to enable the use of pytz
for tzinfo. It's a little fuzzy, but if you've an application of any size,
it's definitely better than jumping through hoops to change all of your
tzinfo objects. Figured I'd share it with the list in case anybody else
cares about that sort of thing.

Cheers,
--
James Brown