[Vobject] Formatting international addresses

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Mar 7 01:26:31 CST 2011

also sprach Jeffrey Harris <jeffrey at skyhouseconsulting.com> [2011.03.06.2020 +0100]:
> Indeed, there's zero localization of addresses. I don't know of
> Python libraries that have this sort of localization already
> written, but the resulting Address is little more than a glorified
> struct, adding an optional field that changes the __str__ behavior
> would be fine.

Thank you for your response!

Should be trivial to do, but the question is how to do it. A dict()
with format strings would do, defaulting on access to the US system,
but how to index? The country name in ADR fields is not standardised
(I use top-level domain names, e.g. ch and nz).

Thoughts?

--

before he died, rabbi zusya said: "in the world to come they will not
ask me, 'why were you not moses?' they will ask me, 'why were you not

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net