[Vobject] any way to install vobject without setuptools?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Mar 2 11:42:58 CST 2010

Jeffrey,

I'm having a lot of trouble getting setuptools to work correctly across
a variety of architectures.  Right now, of the dozen or so Python
packages I use, yours is the only one one that seems deeply wedded to
setuptools.  Is there any deep reason for that?  I can't see one from
a quick scan of the code.  Since I can't reliably get setuptools to
work, I thought I'd just "cp -r" the "vobject" subdirectory from your
source tar file.  Do you think there would be any problems with that?

Bill