[Vobject] distribution of my script in two modes

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Jul 16 15:26:50 CDT 2007

Hello,

> Do you mean that I could installed vobject with the egg version ?
> That's not what I did :). I downloaded the sources and then I did
> "python setup.py install". Then the installation process not worked. It
> requires an old setuptools version which was not on the server. So I
> downloaded by myself: setuptools-0.6c6.win32-py2.5.exe. After installed
> it, I could finish the installation of vobject.

Apparently I need to update my ez_setup.py to a more recent version.
What you did was fine.

> So what is the right process to install vobject ?

I think the most convenient way to install Python packages these days is
to install setuptools then run

easy_install vobject

That should be all you need to do.

> If I can do it with the egg version, can I unstall the previous version ?

Yup, you can uninstall the tarball version if you're going to install
the egg version.  I'm not sure you have to, but you only need one version.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey