[Vobject] distribution of my script in two modes

Didier BRETIN didier at bretin.net
Mon Jul 16 14:47:43 CDT 2007

On 16/07/2007 19:13, Jeffrey Harris wrote:
>> I wrote a script I would like to distribute in two modes. The first will
>> ask the user to install vobject and dateutil before using my script.
>> In the second mode I would like to distribute a all-in-one solution.
>>
>> Is there a way to make this second mode working ?
>
> The best way to do this is to distribute a Python Egg which requires
> vobject.  This is actually pretty easy, take a look at
>
> http://svn.osafoundation.org/vobject/trunk/setup.py

Do you mean that I could installed vobject with the egg version ?
That's not what I did :). I downloaded the sources and then I did
"python setup.py install". Then the installation process not worked. It
requires an old setuptools version which was not on the server. So I
downloaded by myself: setuptools-0.6c6.win32-py2.5.exe. After installed
it, I could finish the installation of vobject.

So what is the right process to install vobject ?

If I can do it with the egg version, can I unstall the previous version ?

Regards.
--
Didier BRETIN
http://www.bretin.net/