[Vobject] timezone bugs prevent round-tripping an ical object

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Tue May 2 12:13:04 CDT 2006

Hi Phil,

> In the process of writing a Google Calendar sync backend for opensync
> (using the python plugin) I ran into this.

Cool!

> I confess I find the vobject code impenetrable, so I can't really debug
> it, but I guess what happens is this:

A detailed explanation of the code and more useful docstrings are both
long overdue, so I'm not surprised you found it impenetrable, though of
course I'm sorry to hear it.  Were there particular bits that you found
especially opaque?

> -                comp.add('tzname').value  = rule['name']
> +                if rule['name']:
> +                    comp.add('tzname').value  = rule['name']

Yup, right you are, tzname isn't required and we were treating it as if
it was.  Thanks for the patch, it's in Subversion r145.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey