[Vobject] Re: Oops

Cyrus Daboo cyrus+lists.vobject at daboo.name
Fri Feb 17 13:57:13 CST 2006

Hi Jeffrey,

--On February 16, 2006 4:36:47 PM -0800 Jeffrey Harris
<jeffrey at skyhouseconsulting.com> wrote:

> So, I made several mistakes today
>  - I didn't update my vobject svn tree before working (because I've
>    gotten used to being the only developer)
>  - I never subscribed to vobject-commits

Well, I wasn't subscribed to that or VObject mailing list either - I am now!

> I think (thought I didn't test carefully) that your code was setting
> tzinfo to None, when in fact you wanted to convert to UTC.

Right I think I wrote that before I updated to the newer version that had
an explicit utc tzinfo, or I stupidly assumed before that 'None' meant utc.

> ----
> I went ahead and created doctests.
>
> I'll be more careful to avoid duplicating effort in the future, thanks
> for the commits!

One minor API change that I am about to commit: periodToString now defaults
the preserveTZ parameter to 'True'. This makes sense since preserveTZ is
only used when passed to datetimeToString and that function also default it
to True.

--
Cyrus Daboo