[Vobject] New vobject API

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at skyhouseconsulting.com
Thu Feb 9 16:51:35 CST 2006

Hi Folks,

For those who are interested, there's now a vobject commits mailing
list, see:

As of r119, I've made a major (not backward compatible) change to the
vobject API:

- component.somecontentline now returns the first version of
somecontentline, component.somecontentline_list returns the list of
somecontentline children
- contentline.foo_param now returns the first param named foo
- contentline.foo_paramlist returns the list of params named foo
- del component.someline now deletes all children named someline
- del contentline.foo_param or del contentline.foo_paramlist delete
all parameters named foo
- foo.lots_of_underscores is now automatically converted to the
LOTS-OF-UNDERSCORES child or parameter (iCalendar uses lots of
dashes, underscores are forbidden, Python of course does the
opposite)

I made the cardinality change because in my code, 90% of the time I'm
only interested in the first child or parameter.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey