[Vobject] Trouble w/ setBehavior(icalendar.VCalendar2_0)

Johann Richard info at mycvs.org
Thu Dec 16 15:07:07 CST 2004

Hoi

I have a problem w/ vobject I don't understand: When I apply
setBehavior(icalendar.VCalendar2_0) to a Calendar from a file (or
define VERSION:2.0 inside), all my TextBehavior objects (Summaries,
Descriptions and the like) are deleted. However, some seem to be kept
(Action, for example).

That is,

import codecs
f = codecs.open( "sampledata.txt", "r", "utf-8")
localCalendar = vobject.readComponents( f, True).next() # To get the
first calendar

localCalendar.prettyPrint()
localCalendar.setBehavior(icalendar.VCalendar2_0)
localCalendar.prettyPrint()

yields not the same result for the two prettyPrint()'s. I tried to
track it down to some point where a conversion is made or so, but no
luck so far ...

So, any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Johann