[Vobject] Major vobject announcement

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at ic.org
Wed Jan 27 10:39:57 CST 2016

Hello Long Suffering vobject users,

As of January 2016, I have found a new maintainer for vobject. I’m pleased to announce that Sameen Karim and Eventable will be the new owners of vobject.

The new official homepage for vobject is at:

http://eventable.github.io/vobject/ <http://eventable.github.io/vobject/>

and the new official source code repository is also on GitHub.

This mailing list will be maintained for the foreseeable future, because GitHub doesn’t have mailing lists, but you should plan on using GitHub issue trackers and pull requests for normal day-to-day work on vobject.

Over the years many people have sent in patches to vobject I have been unable to process. Please consider submitting your patches now directly to Sameen, or via GitHub.

I’m very pleased that Sameen has a vision for the future of vobject.

It appears that vobject has fallen off of PyPI in the last month due to the requirement that submitted packages be hosted directly on PyPI, I hope that Sameen’s first action will be to submit a new version there.

Thanks everyone!
Jeffrey Harris