[Vobject] Reviving vobject maintainership

Erik Dykema dykema at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:55:52 CST 2015

(my apologies to the list moderator who may have gotten three copies of
this email as I tried and failed to attach a screenshot small enough to get
through the message size filter. . . )

An observation on the project hosting options. . .

Github is, at this time, far more popular than SourceForge or any other
hosting place I'm aware of.  If they were in all other respects equivalent
it would be better, in my opinion, to pick Github on this basis alone;
because more potential contributors & users will be familiar with the site
and UI, and thus will be more likely to use / explore / contribute / report
issues / etc.

If I'm investigating several different code projects to potentially use in
my own projects, I generally assume that anything *not* on GitHub is
obsolete and/or abandoned, and don't even dig into them.  I'm sure thats
wrong some of the time, but it is (unfortunately) right, in my experience,
most of the time.

All that aside, I won't be maintaining this project, and so I'll be
appreciative of whomever does maintain it, regardless of whatever they pick
:)

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=sourceforge%2C%20github%2C%20%22google%20code%22%2C%20bitbucket&cmpt=q&tz=