[Vobject] Reviving vobject maintainership

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Feb 2 04:55:21 CST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 08:31:35AM -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 12:34 +0100, Tobias Brox wrote:
> > Nag, nag, nag ... :-)
> > So, we have one ex-maintainer who is willing to yield the maintainership, one
> > potential maintainer who is willing to take over the maintainership, and a fork
> > that works well with python3 today.  Is anything happening?  At least I see
> > the ownership hasn't changed at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/vobject/
> > (Well, if we've been waiting for several years, we can probably wait some more
> > days ...) :-)
>
> I will try to setup a project this weekend and get moved what I can.  At
> least for the website I am pretty sure I can just move the content, then
> I/we/someone can edit it.
>
> SF has wikis, mail lists, sites, etc...

This week-end I ran into https://sourceware.org/
They offer sources hosting (cvs/svn/git), mailing-lists and have a bugzilla
instance as bug tracker.

Admittedly there is no wiki (vs SF) but there is also no adds.

Might be an option worth checking (I was told if we ask, they would most likely
host vobject).

Pierre