[Vobject] Error processing vcard organization that has a comma (", ") in it

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Sun Sep 15 13:58:08 CDT 2013

I'm sorry but seems to be overkill to create a bugzilla account just to
vobject to parse the data. I have a contact that have a comma in the
organization (like "Some place, there"), and it seems like the string is
begin split at some point where it shouldn't. I don't know, maybe is
just pycarddav using the API wrongly but I thought of reporting this
here too, just in case.

Using release 0.8.1c, in in vcard.py:291
        obj.value = splitFields(obj.value)

This seems to be the responsible for the splitting, but then in
vcard.py:299
        obj.value = serializeFields(obj.value)

And :229, the serializeFields() implementation doesn't handle that
splitting.

But this is just from a very quick look at the source code, so I might
be missing something.

Thanks!

--
When I was a child