[Vobject] vCard 2.1 behaviour

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Oct 30 03:27:39 CDT 2012

also sprach Jeffrey Harris <jeffrey at skyhouseconsulting.com> [2012.10.30.0500 +0100]:
> The fact that the encoding (including the line wrapping!) is
> different means that a 2.1 parser is a significant chunk of work.
>
> The behaviors were designed with varying syntax/serialization such
> as 2.1 v.s 3.0 in mind, but behaviors haven't historically
> controlled the content-line layer, which meant we never finished
> making 2.1 usable. All in all, there would need to be sizable
> changes to support this.

You seem to remember this better than what I have been able to find
out. Would you be able to take some more time and sketch out the
things that need to be done? I don't have endless time either and
this sort of information would mean I could spend less time on
trying to figure out what to do and more on actually doing it.

--

"security here. yes, ma'am. yes. groucho glasses. yes, we're on it.
 c'mon, guys. somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net