[Vobject] Disable line folding?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Tue Aug 24 09:38:17 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 07:14 -0700, Jeffrey Harris wrote:
> Hi Adam,
> > Is there anyway to disable line-folding when serializing a vcard/vevent?
> I don't think I made this a parameter anywhere useful. Can you give me
> an idea of why you'd want this?

Well, card.serialize(lineLength=4096) *hacked* around the issue.

The Funambol DS server, or the GroupDAV plugin for Funambol, is barfing
on the folded lines.

com.funambol.common.pim.vcard.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 17,
column 75.  Encountered: "\r" (13), after : ""
        at
com.funambol.common.pim.vcard.VCardSyntaxParserTokenManager.getNextToken(VCardSyntaxParserTokenManager.java:2615)

Based upon that stack trace I think it is Funambol [and not the GroupDAV
connector].  If I 'unfold' the lines (by increasing line length) those
errors go away.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>