[Vobject] vObject readOne ParseError

Karim Seada kseada at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 21:04:44 CDT 2010

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the quick response.
This is an example of a location line that includes double quotes causing a
ParseError:
LOCATION;ALTREP="1100 El Camino "C1" Building":1100 El Camino "C1" Building

Hi Karim,

>* I am getting a ParseError when reading an icalendar event using readOne(). This happens when the location field includes double quotes (").
*>* I was wondering if there is a standard way for escaping this or
should I check for it case by case.
*
If you're parsing iCalendar, LOCATION's value is TEXT, so nothing
needs to be escaped except carriage returns. Can you give an example
of iCalendar data that's failing to parse for you?

- Jeffrey