[Vobject] no TZ info in parsed dates?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Jun 9 15:17:55 CDT 2009

Jeffrey Harris <jeffrey at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> > The VERSION is 2.0, and there's no VTIMEZONE.  But if the TZID is in the
> > DTSTART field itself, why should there need to be a VTIMEZONE?
>
> iCalendar requires a matching VTIMEZONE for every TZID referenced, so
> technically your iCalendar is invalid.

Deeply annoying, indeed.  This is the format produced by Outlook, which
might generate more of these than any other single system.  And vobject
has no way to handle that.

Well, I'll see if I can cobble together something; looks like you have
all the machinery in either vobject or dateutil to do it.  It would be
nice to have a package system for enabling these kinds of things (I'm
sure there are others), something like
"vobject.enable_outlook_invalid_tzid_handling()" that I could call when
initializing my code.

Bill