[Vobject] bugs in handling of "Description"?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Apr 30 13:28:46 CDT 2009

I've tried some of the vcalendar forms defined in the RFC, and here's
an odd one.  This is the vcalendar:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//ABC Corporation//NONSGML My Product//EN
BEGIN:VJOURNAL
DTSTAMP:19970324T120000Z
UID:uid5 at host1.com
ORGANIZER:MAILTO:jsmith at host.com
STATUS:DRAFT
CLASS:PUBLIC
CATEGORY:Project Report, XYZ, Weekly Meeting
 Agenda\n1. Review of project version 1.0 requirements.\n2.
 Definition
 of project processes.\n3. Review of project schedule.\n
 Participants: John Smith, Jane Doe, Jim Dandy\n-It was
   decided that the requirements need to be signed off by
   product marketing.\n-Project processes were accepted.\n
  -Project schedule needs to account for scheduled holidays
   and employee vacation time. Check with HR for specific
   dates.\n-New schedule will be distributed by Friday.\n-
  Next weeks meeting is cancelled. No meeting until 3/23.
END:VJOURNAL
END:VCALENDAR

I run the following program on it:

  import vobject, sys, os, re

  vcard = vobject.readOne(open(sys.argv[1])).components().next()
  print type(vcard.description)
  print vcard.description.value

and it produces

% python /tmp/foo.py /tmp/foo.ics
<class 'vobject.base.ContentLine'>
Project xyz Review Meeting Minutes
Agenda
1. Review of project version 1.0 requirements.
2.Definitionof project processes.
3. Review of project schedule.
Participants: John Smith
%

In other words, it cuts off after the first comma in the example.

Is this a bug?

Notice that it also doesn't put a space between "Definition" and "of".

Finally, could vobject grow a __version__ attribute?

Thanks.

Bill