[Vobject] vCard print with PHOTO

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 6 13:25:44 CDT 2008

Hi Jiri,

> I like to print vCard incuding picture from PHOTO;ENCODING=b;TYPE=image/jpeg:
>
> Can I do it with vobject? If yes, where I can learn, how to so it?

vobject will give you access to the details of the vcard, including
automatically decoding the base64 encoded image, but you have to take it
from there.

Printing is a pain in the ass if you want it to work on different platforms.

If you only care about one platform, you might look into a platform
specific printing library.  If you want cross-platform, you might
consider wx.

I think what I'd do if I wanted to print a vCard would be to write a
Python script that reads a vCard in and an image file + some HTML for
layout, then use a browser to actually print.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey