[Vobject] Reading nonstandard properties

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Sep 3 00:44:03 CDT 2007

Hello Arnout,

> I'd like to attach a link to events, and (as the URL property doesn't
> appear to be meant for this kind of links), figured I could add a
> non-standard 'X-LINK' property.

There was discussion on the Calsify mailing list about what the URL
property should be used for; I'd say it's not really clear what URL is
really useful for.

> However, how do I reach this property from its vevent object?
> 'vevent->x-link' won't work, of course, as this will be parsed as
> 'vevent->x' minus 'link'..

Yup, dashes don't work for variables in Python.  Happily, RFC2445 allows
'-' but not '_' in component names, Python allows '_' but not '-' in
variable names, so vobject just converts calendar.vevent.x_link into the
'x-link' property on a vevent.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey