[Vobject] hCard and vCard 2.1

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 13 12:33:19 CST 2006

Hi Marko,

> Is anyone working on support for vCard2.1 and/or hCard?

Rudimentary vCard 2.1 parsing support existed at one point, I haven't
tested it recently, I know it's both slow (because the regular
expressions used for parsing vCard 3.0 and iCalendar don't work) and
disabled in readComponents.  That's a good starting point, at least.

Part of the issue with vCard 2.1 is that the spec allows crazy stuff.
It's not clear to me what actual vCards in the wild actually do.

Thanks for working on this!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey